Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

My Link Voice Recognition

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2018, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Link Voice Recognition

RE: 2018 Tahoe Premier: My Samsung S9 Android phone is paired with My Link. A few of my important contacts are not recognized with voice dial commands. I see the contacts on the contact list on the my link display. For example, when I say "call Rachael Jones" I get a list of contacts with first name Rachael but none have the correct last name, not even close. I can scroll through contacts on the dashboard display and find Rachael Jones but I can't get it with voice dial. I get a reply like: did you want to call "Rachael Brown" When I try to call "Alyssa Synagro" I get "do you want to call "Antonio Rego" I have disconnected and repaired the phone numerous times. Most of my contacts work fine but there are a few that don't work via voice dial.
Thanks,
Sam
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 57panhead
RE: 2018 Tahoe Premier: My Samsung S9 Android phone is paired with My Link. A few of my important contacts are not recognized with voice dial commands. I see the contacts on the contact list on the my link display. For example, when I say "call Rachael Jones" I get a list of contacts with first name Rachael but none have the correct last name, not even close. I can scroll through contacts on the dashboard display and find Rachael Jones but I can't get it with voice dial. I get a reply like: did you want to call "Rachael Brown" When I try to call "Alyssa Synagro" I get "do you want to call "Antonio Rego" I have disconnected and repaired the phone numerous times. Most of my contacts work fine but there are a few that don't work via voice dial.
Thanks,
Sam
Glad my 15' Chevy Malibu didn't come with MyLink! Perhaps it would be cheaper to buy a smartphone mount and use your Bluetooth connectivity to make your calls?

That is exactly what I do. I highly recommend this manner of use.My old Samsung Note 4 smartphone is running Android 6.0 "Marshmallow: as well. Not exactly new at all, but then most newer smartphones are "lesser" then my old unit in too many ways to count!

Last edited by oilcanhenry; August 19th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Oilcan, but I'm stubborn. Not sure if its related, but yesterday, the voice function didn't work at all, not for Nav commands or phone or anything. The steering wheel button to change stations didn't work, I had to use the touch screen. The heads up display didn't show the radio station, just an alpha numeric string. I tried shutting the car off and on but it didn't help. After I arrived at my destination and returned to the truck about an hour later, it was back to normal. Still didn't recognize some contacts. I'll see if Chevy Tech support gets back to me.