Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Need help ASAP 2014 Captiva A/C drain line location!????

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2018, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help ASAP 2014 Captiva A/C drain line location!????

The drain line appears to be clogged wherever it is! I can't seem to locate the blasted thing! I have torn out half the dash on both sides of my wives Captiva working from the door ways inward and can't locate the A/C drain line. It's not draining and spilling into the floor board causing mold and a billion gnats to form.

PLEASE if anyone knows the location. I'm tired of trying to tear out the center console with the way all these blasted panels are layered one on another to find this dang line! I can't seem to spot it from under the car either. HELP!?
Old May 22nd, 2018, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disregard. Line located, It exits below the A/C lines going into the fire wall, little rubber hose comes out with some odd press on cap connection to a drain line. Went to rotate that cap piece to try to aim the hose downward and hopefully giggle something lose in the line when suddenly it popped off and I was like "what the heck?" then I witnessed a quart or so of water rush out despite the car not having run the A/C in the last 3-4 days with the windows down and running vent fan on max when driven, it still had that much pooled up in there somewhere.

Not liking how this seems to be something of a problem on newer vehicles. I don't recall this EVER happening on 90's and older vehicles. (can't say on the late 00's) But at least it's a quick fix... Wish I had known prior to pulling out half the dash on both sides!!! Ugh... time to get to putting that back.