Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

New Clutch!!

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2009, 8:51 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked on the computer at work for a picture of the inspection cover I really am not sure what you mean can you post a picture? If the clutch feels better when you pump it you definitely have a hydraulic issue. Did you replace the slave and master cylinder? Are you losing any fluid? It says that the system is not adjustable however SOME clutch masters have a adjustable rod where they attach to the pedal under the dash so take a look. To make sure I am understanding this correctly with the clutch on the floor in lets say first gear as soon as you come off the floor (less than a inch)the truck will go ?
Old June 30th, 2009, 8:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a new slave cylinder and it fixed it! Bad news went to bleed it and the screw stripped out right away! Two mistakes made this happen.
1) The retards who designed it put a metal screw in a plastic part.
2) It was made in China.
I will be taking it back tommorow and getting a new one! It has a lifetime warranty. I think this is my problem though!
Old June 30th, 2009, 9:33 PM
Super Moderator

It has been worse before last winter my carrier came out of my differential cover! And Mdtahoe yes about an inch or two off the floor it will go. I was told by ohters that new clutch will do this for a little while. Is this correct? And I replaced the master cylinder and I am in the process of replacing the slave cylinder.

Last edited by suzuki-guy; June 30th, 2009 at 9:36 PM.
Old June 30th, 2009, 9:53 PM
Super Moderator

MMk just different for me because I have never had a new clutch!
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like quite the fiasco. Hope you get it working in due course!
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah me too! Untill then I have to drive the Ford Excursion with the Powerstroke Diesel engine in it!
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Well I have never put in a stock clutch that was like that. Sometime I have to adjust the master (if applicable). But It seem that you put in some kind of performance clutch ( ceramic ?) so I guess anything is possible but it just does not sound right. I put a centerforce in my 1993 mustang it was not on the floor. I also put a RAM clutch in a 2004 GTO it was kind of low but not on the floor. But it is really hard to give you a good answer without feeling the clucth myself. Everyone's interpretation is different
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yes it has a ceramic button on it. I think it has a lot to do with the slave cylinder. However is there a breakin procedure for a new clutch? Theres got to be a way to adjust the pedal. Like some how screwing the rod further into the pedal?

Last edited by suzuki-guy; June 30th, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 7:41 PM
Super Moderator

Guys got the new slave cylinder in and it worked as far as you don't have to pump the clutch. But you have to push it to the floor as hard as you can to get it into gear. It shifts fine but its a Bi%@# to get into 1st and reverse. How many times do you have to bleed the clutch normaly? It seems like everytime I check it it has air in it. I have replaced the master cylinder, and slave cylinder and there is not leaks. Is this normal to keep bleeding it out?

Last edited by suzuki-guy; July 1st, 2009 at 8:05 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 8:48 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

Quick Reply: New Clutch!!