Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

New SAMCO Skid Plates for Yukon XL/Suburban and other Chevy's available!

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2014, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SAMCO Skid Plates for Yukon XL/Suburban and other Chevy's available!

Just wanted to share a successful off-road modification for my 2013 GMC Yukon XL project thanks to an EXCELLENT shop in Reno (SAMCO Fabrication), which not only installed the new suspension, ARBS locker and fabricated the skids plates I needed, but also made most of my skid plates available for anybody to buy: FRONT SKID PLATE and MEDIUM SKID PLATE for Suburban/Yukon XL (likely fit many other Chevy/GMC vehicles of the 2012/13/... generation. I have no affiliation with them, just wanted to share since some of their line up was not available elsewhere.

The final summary for my GMC 2013 Yukon XL 1500 4WD was as follows:

(1) Front skidplate (replaces plastic front splash guard) - SAMCO Fabrication Reno (see website pointer below)
(2) GM OEM 20944322 Radiator Support-Skid Plate (271443826021)
(3) Medium skidplate (protects ) - SAMCO Fabrication Reno (see website pointer below)
(4) GM OEM "shield for Transfer case" SKID PLATE 209227755 (160803784353)
(5) Gas Tank skid plate - SAMCO Fabrication Reno (this might not be available except custom, since it is not exactly bolt in)

Kudos for Sam at SAMCO Fabrication for listening to the special needs of a customer and for fabricating things to my specifications. Also the pricing was excellent as well as the responsiveness and quality.

http://www.samcofabrication.com/catalog/3

I am sure it works on the 2500 and many other Chevy vehicles, but you need to double check with them. Also feels good to support true American family owned businesses.

I have no relationship with them, the above is my honest opinion in case that some other member is interested of something that was not in the market before this little project.

-Javier

Last edited by JavierYukonXL; June 16th, 2014 at 9:53 PM. Reason: The pointer to the pictures changed on the manufacturer web site
Old June 16th, 2014, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They also installed Rancho's quickLift and an ARBS rear diff locker. The large truck now behaves like it should for moderate off-roading.