Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

OBD II Codes Suggest Transmission Troubles

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2010, 1:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD II Codes Suggest Transmission/Transfercase Troubles

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED TO SILVERADO & FULLSIZE PICK-UPS

2001 Silverado Z-71, 4 W/D, Automatic Transmission

Yesterday while pulling boat and trailer from water up ramp with my truck in 4 wheel drive high, the transmission seemed to not engage correctly. I placed transmission in 2 wheel drive and then back to 4 wheel drive high. The truck pulled boat and trailer up ramp but transmission again did not seem to engage correctly and again I returned transmission to 2 wheel drive. I let the truck run while I prepared the boat for travel. When I returned to the cab, the check engine light was on. I installed OBD II code reader and the following codes were activated.....PO 740 (TCC circuit malfunction),
PO 785 (Shift/Timing Solenoid Malfunction), P1860 (TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit).
Please advise me of troubleshooting procedures if applicable or if my transmission is about to take another crap??? Thanks In Advance for Your Assistance! Gorilla

Last edited by Gorilla; June 27th, 2010 at 9:32 PM. Reason: Move Thread to Silverado and Fullsize Pick-ups