Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

OnStar RemoteLink fails on Windows Phone 8

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OnStar RemoteLink fails on Windows Phone 8

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500 Bi-Fuel. I downloaded and installed the RemoteLink software to my Windows Phone 8. At login, it shows the main menu for half a second and then returns to the logon screen. I noticed in the "reviews" section of the Windows Phone Store, nearly every Windows Phone user is having the same issue.

My questions:
1) Does anyone know how to fix this? And, if not,
2) Where does one go to report this to OnStar? The issue seems to be several months old, now.

Yeah, I know. Probably the only person around here using a Windows Phone, but I'm stuck with it for work reasons, so please don't answer with "get a different phone." That's not happening. And, yes, all my logons, etc, are up to date. It's not my first GM vehicle and I've had OnStar service for eons on my other cars.

Thanks.
Old May 7th, 2014, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

DrDon,

Congratulations on your new 2015 Silverado! I certainly hope it's treating you well so far!

We are aware of the issues some of our Windows 8 RemoteLink users are experiencing. Our Mobile Apps team has a resolution in place for this issue, and an update to the app will be released tomorrow evening. All you will need to do is update the application to regain full functionality. Thank you for your continued patience!

~Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Old May 7th, 2014, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Sara..

First, thanks for the detailed information. That's refreshing. Very.

Second, I'm thrilled to see OnStar has a Social Media Team. Also refreshing.

Much appreciated. Looking forward to all the functions.

Oh, and yes, loving the truck. Getting way better CNG mileage than anybody thought it would. 16-18 city. Haven't owned it long enough to test out highway.

Doc
Old May 7th, 2014, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

DrDon,

You're quite welcome! Please let us know if you need any further assistance! We're here if you need us.

~Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Old December 13th, 2014, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Just an update for anyone else having the issue. According to an OnStar technical advisor, RemoteLink software for Windows Phones will NOT display any "dashboard" data.. tire pressure, oil life, fuel level, etc. It's a known issue specific to 2015 Silverados. I was told it may or may not be resolved with a new release of RemoteLink for Windows phones.

"Remote" functions (start, lock, unlock, horn) still perform normally.
Old December 24th, 2014, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Must've updated some software in the truck or at OnStar. It finally started working on Monday. No, I did not change anything on the phone.
Old December 31st, 2014, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

Believe it or not, most of the phones people have aren't compatible with On-Star. The technology of cell phones updates so rapidly, so fast even that it out-dates your car and becomes inoperable.