Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

Truck is getting even worse than it has been it horrible please help I have tried changing almost every evap component to no avail cause I thought the one the was right below the filler neck could be the issue but it didn't help a thing. pretty much you cant give it any throttle at all or it falls on its face even in park or neutral when its at wot it will rev up some the die out.

2000 silverado needa help - YouTube
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Just for information its a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 with 5.3 Its extended cab shortbed
Old January 18th, 2012, 8:00 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evap parts will not cause this problem. Is the check engine light on? Has the fuel pressure been checked? Does it do it all the time or only cold? What are the MAF sensor readings? Is the MAF clean? Do you have one if those stupid oiled air filters? What did you jump to evap parts?
Old January 18th, 2012, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Yes The cel is on it is throwing a knock on 8 but that is all, after I replaced both evap solenoids. The exact pressure hasn't been tested. Yes all the time but has gotten worse the past few days. I don't have a scan tool smart enough to tell me that. yes the maf has been cleaned and i am showing no maf codes. Yes its a k&n drop in replacement. Because I had the dreaded gas cap code P0449 so i replaced the one on the intake and the one on the canister underneath below the filler neck atached to the frame rail.