Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

PLEASE HELP!!!! bbc question

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2012, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!!! bbc question

I recently rebuilt a short deck 502 to a 525 by boring 90 and went with srp forged small dome pistons and everything went together great and clearances were all correct and I used a *** load of lucas assembly lube. it turned over by hand wonderfull. I put it in and pulled plugs and coil wire and cranked it over until it built 60 psi oil pressure fired it off and started up ran for 15 sec and died. and now it will barely turn over and with plugs out and all belts off the starter still struggles so I pulled the starter and tried to turn the motor over with a breaker bar on the harmonic ballancer and it just wont turn. with plugs in the starter wont budge it. how is this possible with 60 psi oil pressure and only 15 sec. of running. am I missing something? I even filled the cylinders with oil through the plug holes and let the rings soak for a while and no change?????????????????