Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Power Lift Gate 2012 Tahoe in-op

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Lift Gate 2012 Tahoe in-op

My wife forgetting the power rear lift hatch on my Tahoe tried to open it manually and now it opens about half way and closes. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer but I thought it could be a matter of reprogramming which I could do. Any ideas?
Old May 2nd, 2016, 1:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The liftgate strut is probably bad, if they get weak and the weight of the door comes down the motor will reverse and shut it. If you turn off the power liftgate switch does it open and shut ok manually?
Old May 2nd, 2016, 3:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for any help you may provide. It will open manually but will not stay up. Had no problem with it until wife tried to open manually with auto turned on. Wouldn't weak struts have shown up before that?
Old May 2nd, 2016, 7:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to say sometimes it just takes a cold night to finish them off
Old May 4th, 2016, 3:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dmillerj
My wife forgetting the power rear lift hatch on my Tahoe tried to open it manually and now it opens about half way and closes. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer but I thought it could be a matter of reprogramming which I could do. Any ideas?
Hello dmillerj,

Please keep us here on the forum updated on your dealer visit. Our team is available via private message if further assistance is needed. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to your future updates.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care