Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Powertrain warranty question

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powertrain warranty question

I recently took my car into the dealership where I bought it for service that is covered under the powertrain warranty. I received a call yesterday from the person handling my repairs he stated that my car was showing 2 codes ( which I already had been told before visiting the dealership.) And that only 1 of the codes was covered under the powertrain warranty, that was for the valve cover.
He said that the second code was related to a PCV hose that was not covered by the powertrain warranty. The parts # is 25193343, when I googled this it comes up GM OEM-Pvc OE Value $ 44.94 and this part of the repair would cost me roughly 370. Over 250.00 of this would be labor charges.
Are the 2 parts needing replaced the same issue and charging labor when the vehicle is torn apart due to a warranty issue does not sound fair or honest to me. Is the dealership allowed to charge the customer for labor when it's being serviced under warranty? Could you please assist me with this question?
Old May 3rd, 2017, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they are allowed to charge for any repair that is not covered under warranty.

you must provide detailed information of each repair for me to be able to tell if any are related to the warranty work being performed.
Old May 4th, 2017, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a 2012 chevy sonic
The person handling my repairs stated that they would replace the valve cover( covered under the powertrain warranty )But I also needed a PCV hose that was not covered by the powertrain warranty. The parts # is 25193343, when I googled this it comes up GM OEM-Pvc OE Value the discription does not refer to this part as a hose. When i looked at my manual I think that this part is connected to the valve cover, how can it not be covered. I guess my question is are they being honest and does GM cover the part # shown above covered under the powertrain warranty

Last edited by Teresa540; May 4th, 2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: additinal info