Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Problems with the interior lights

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2009, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the interior lights

2002 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 V6 FWD.
The dome lights and lights on the rear view mirror shut off after the car is shut off but come back on about 5 mins later. They stay on for a minute or so then shut off again. The process repeats into infinity. I am in the process of replacing a bad battery, if the new battery doesn't fix the problem any thoughts? I have looked for the fuse that handles the interior lights but haven't been able to locate it. Does this sound like something a bad battery could have caused to happen or something else?
Thanks in advance
Old August 19th, 2009, 4:41 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the dead battery is only a side effect to the real problem, and unless you address the root cause, you will continue to have dead batteries. If you can't find the fuse, just unlpug the mirror assembly. There should be a connector on the back of it.
Sounds like you either have a short somewhere, or maybe a bad door pin switch.
Old August 21st, 2009, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice, I found the fuse so i pulled it for now. Now just need to figure out if it's the door or a short. Thanks I'll let you know.