programming keyless remote for 2002 cavalier - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Tech
Reload this Page >

programming keyless remote for 2002 cavalier

Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

programming keyless remote for 2002 cavalier

Old March 15th, 2008, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default programming keyless remote for 2002 cavalier

I just purchased a 2002 cavalier ls for my daughter and it did not come with the keyless entry. I purchased one at GM and got home with it and realized it did not come with any directions as how to program it to the car. I was told by chrey dealer that according to my vin that I had it on the car. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks, greg
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: programming keyless remote for 2002 cavalier

Do you have an owners manual? It should give you some info on manual resynchronization for the remote.

Stand close to the vehicle, hold the lock and unlock bottons at the same time, hold for 10 seconds. During this time the doors should lock and unlock once, that confirms the resynchronization. If you don't get any action from the doors, talk to the dealer. The remote does have a battery in it, correct?
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.

1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driverís door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Good luck man it took me ten tries to get it right on my truck!!!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
CF Active Member

I had a jetta with the same problem and I never got it to work.