Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Pushrods to short

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2018, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushrods to short

Ok I'm building a sbc with vortec heads, comp xe274 cam, prw 1.5 roller rockers. Stock pressed in studs. Springs from alex's parts for vortec heads. I measured my pushrod length 3 times using a pushrod length checker and came up with 7.525. Used a marker on the valve and all that. Everything checked out, looked good. So I ordered pushrods from summit and went to adjust my valves. I tighten my rockers all the down till the bottom out and still can move my pushrods up and down a quarter inch.
Old October 8th, 2018, 8:08 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevroletSS
Ok I'm building a sbc with vortec heads, comp xe274 cam, prw 1.5 roller rockers. Stock pressed in studs. Springs from alex's parts for vortec heads. I measured my pushrod length 3 times using a pushrod length checker and came up with 7.525. Used a marker on the valve and all that. Everything checked out, looked good. So I ordered pushrods from summit and went to adjust my valves. I tighten my rockers all the down till the bottom out and still can move my pushrods up and down a quarter inch.
So what is the issue that you have?