Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Readiness parameters not set, can't smog my Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2016, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Readiness parameters not set, can't smog my Tahoe

2001 tahoe LS, 5.3, 2 wheel drive
About two months ago, I got the notice that emission test ing was due.
The battery died that weekend, and i changed the battery. a couple days later, I took it to get tested, and the readiness tests were not set
So I read up on it, and did a few drive cycles.
EGR, evap and catalyst would not reset. We made a game out of it, and drove it another 400 iles over a period of a month, and we checked the readiness monitors, and still the same 3
I took it to a garage, and they spent 4 hours on it, and could not figure it out. They said they got the EGR to work, but it has not set.
They said maybe we just needed another engine computer.

I am the original owner, and we have been very happy with this vehicle.

So far, I have changed the front brakes, rebuilt the air conditioning compressor, changed out the steering box, tie rod ends, right passenger's window motor, added a cold air intake, changed the thermostat, and the engine temp sensor, and three sets of tires. Fuel pump twice, pittman arm twice, I added a cooling fan to the condenser, and put custom wheels and 275/50/20 tires on it.
It has 130,000 miles.
Does anybody have any suggestions?
We have driven it a total of 700 miles, performed at least 16 drive cycles, both the ones recommended by the MDV, and the GM ones.(there are 2)
still did not reset of the monitors.
HELP!

Last edited by Coupeguy2001; October 26th, 2016 at 9:33 PM.