Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Remote Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2019, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Issue

I have a new to me 2007 LTZ Suburban. The remote start, starts the engine as expected, but when I get in the vehicle the Tach is off and I can't shift out of park. Putting the key in the ignition, and turning it to run changes nothing. I have to shut down the engine and restart it, then everything works fine. Not a big problem, but it makes me curious what else might be going on. I'm not sure what is going on with the climate control with remote start because it is in the 50s here now and I'm not sure what expect.

Other than the remote start issue, everything else on the Truck works like it should except the passenger side power folding mirror. I think it might have a stripped gear. I like driving it a lot more than my previous 2001.
Old April 13th, 2019, 2:08 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski-Patroller
I have a new to me 2007 LTZ Suburban. The remote start, starts the engine as expected, but when I get in the vehicle the Tach is off and I can't shift out of park. Putting the key in the ignition, and turning it to run changes nothing. I have to shut down the engine and restart it, then everything works fine. Not a big problem, but it makes me curious what else might be going on. I'm not sure what is going on with the climate control with remote start because it is in the 50s here now and I'm not sure what expect.

Other than the remote start issue, everything else on the Truck works like it should except the passenger side power folding mirror. I think it might have a stripped gear. I like driving it a lot more than my previous 2001.
Probably your security settings issue likely you need to reset your O-B dash settings, IMO..