Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Screw under seat of suburban

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2018, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw under seat of suburban

Hello, I recently purchased a 2015 suburban LTZ. While cleaning I noticed a screw protruding through the carpet under both the drivers seat and front passanger. It appears to be homding a heatshealed under the vehicle however I dnt know why ut would be left uncovered. Does it have another use? Line for floormats or should it have a cover?
Old September 12th, 2018, 8:44 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by davidgehrman@comcast.net
Hello, I recently purchased a 2015 suburban LTZ. While cleaning I noticed a screw protruding through the carpet under both the drivers seat and front passanger. It appears to be homding a heatshealed under the vehicle however I dnt know why ut would be left uncovered. Does it have another use? Line for floormats or should it have a cover?
Likely not, You can buy some Dorman or other brand rubber or plastic covers for them at most auto stores. Press them down on the screws and you are done.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

morning i dont mean to stick my nose in here but you could shrink tube the screws to . i would be more concerned that the screw are not protruding into or rubbing against any under carpet wiring before anything they put a lot of wiring especially below the seats in newer vehicles does not hurt to check before a problem arises. have a good day
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Also a potential source for water intrusion over time
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the input. I thought it was odd that the screws were coming through on both sides. They are not self tapping screws and rhey are almost possitioned to be used as an anchor for something.