Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Sirius Connect SIR-GM1 Issue

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2012, 12:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Connect SIR-GM1 Issue

I have a 2009 Uplander with the stock US8 radio, no XM radio preinstalled. I purchased the Sirius Connect SIR-GM1 radio module (which is supposed to be compatible) and had a professional installer connect it today.

The US8 radio does not recognize the SIR-GM1, it is supposed to add SR1 and SR2 to the already existing BAND options. We did check to see if the SIR-GM1 had power, double checked all the connections, still not connecting.

Directed will not provide support, referred us to Audiovox, who then referred us back to Sirius who had no clue. Went to the dealership and the shop foreman did not seem to think the US8 could was XM or Sirius compatible, however all the connections would seem to point otherwise?

Been searching through the Internet trying to find a solution. Has anyone run into this before? One thing I did notice in the threads was mention of the dealership being able to reset or reprogram the radio, is this possible?

Anyone with some experience or even a guess at what this might be? Thanks!
Old April 3rd, 2012, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved!

Turns out the XM feature is turned off by default on all US8 radios and it has to be enabled by the dealer through use of the TECH2 device by changing XM DELETE to XM ENABLE.