Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Stabilitrak Issues

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2017, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak Issues

The Stabilitrak message has been showing up recently on my display but doesnt stay on long enough to read it all. Was driving home last Friday when the radio display would blink on and off a couple of times, the Stabilitrak message popped up and then the truck lost all electrical power and shut off. I turned the wheel to get to the shoulder and then it locked up. Once I was able to coast onto the shoulder, I turned off the truck, waited 30 sec, turned it back on and it drove home normally. The next day I drove it 5 miles down the road to get get food and it shut off again in the drive thru. Almost coasting into the car in front of me. Did the same thing with turning it back on and it drove home fine. I took it to the dealership on Monday and left it for a week. They were unable to re-enact the issue and sent it back home. Today as I was driving down the highway again, it began stuttering a little. The Stabilitrak light came on and the engine light began blinking. Pulled over to shut it off, waited 30 sec and turned it back on again. Drove another 75 miles with no issues. I love this truck but can not afford to have my kids in a machine that has a chance of shutting off while on the highway. I have seen plenty of online videos and forums that talk about similar issues but even the dealership can't help me. Please advise before I have to pass it along to someone else.