Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

stalling 2011 malibu

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2018, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stalling 2011 malibu

i have had this car since march. i have put 15,000 miles on it and never had a problem. episode 1 happened at a stoplight car ran normal then idled really low i thought it was going to stall out but it didnt. ran normal until 6 days later, episode 2 i was on my way home from work about 8-10 minutes into my ride home im going 55mph and i went to give it gas and it didnt do anything so i threw it into nuetral and then back into drive and it didnt do anything my rpms stayed at zero. i drifted to the side of the road turned my car off then restarted it and it stalled and flashed service engine. tried again while pumping the gas and it fired up and i drove it the rest of the way home and it acted as if nothing happened. 2 days after that episode 3 happens. my husband and i took a 60 mile trip and we were at a left turn lane and i went to inch forward and my car didnt do anything and i looked at my rpms and they were at zero. i couldnt get my car to start not even while pumping the gas or even in nuetral. we pushed it to a nearby parking lot and nothing was leaking car didnt bog or cough. there was no warning. just died. we kept trying to start it. my husband took off the positive battery terminal for about a min and it fired up and ran the 60 miles all the way back home as if nothing happened. we took it to a nearby garage and they ran a computer on it and got nothing as if there are no problems with it. i have no idea why. i am stumped. anyone have this problem before and what is the fix?