Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

starter problems

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2020, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter problems

chev 3500 express van ( road trek ) camper starter problems , some time but not all the time you turn the key and nothing happens, or you turn the key and you here one click , i put a msd starter in a FEW YEARS AGO and it worked fine, does any one have an idea what the problem might be,, Thanks Ken K info@ritewayhomeinspection.com
Old March 10th, 2020, 5:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I'd say starter solenoid, which usually means changing the starter as the quick fix.
Old March 18th, 2020, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ken kruglick
chev 3500 express van ( road trek ) camper starter problems , some time but not all the time you turn the key and nothing happens, or you turn the key and you here one click , i put a msd starter in a FEW YEARS AGO and it worked fine, does any one have an idea what the problem might be,, To know when should you replace your car battery, visit AutoGuysLand for more info. Thanks Ken K info@ritewayhomeinspection.com
It is possible faulty starter or weakened starter that could be the reason why you can hear the clicking noise and not start. Check and replace if necessary.