Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Strange stumble problem 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2019, 6:34 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange stumble problem 2000 Blazer

I got this blazer with a blown transmission. Swapped in a good one and road tested it. It idles smooth and runs great up to 3000 rpm. Above that it falls on its face and seems to be running out of fuel. Well the gas gauge didn't work either, so I put in a new fuel pump/sender and a filter.No change. I pulled the MAF sensor connector to force it into closed loop as I had a similar symptom caused by a bad MAF on a Suburban once. No change.Here's the really strange part... If I stay in the gas and struggle it up to like 4000, it clears out and pulls strong as it should.No SES light, and the OBDII port does not seem to be working.Any ideas?
I got this blazer with a blown transmission. Swapped in a good one and road tested it. It idles smooth and runs great up to 3000 rpm. Above that under heavy load it falls on its face and seems to be running out of fuel. Well the gas gauge didn't work either, so I put in a new fuel pump/sender and a filter.
No change. I pulled the MAF sensor connector to force it into closed loop as I had a similar symptom caused by a bad MAF on a Suburban once. No change.

Here's the really strange part... If I stay in the gas and struggle it up to like 4000, it clears out and pulls strong as it should.
No SES light, and the OBDII port does not seem to be working.
I got this blazer with a blown transmission. Swapped in a good one and road tested it. It idles smooth and runs great up to 3000 rpm. Above that it falls on its face and seems to be running out of fuel. Well the gas gauge didn't work either, so I put in a new fuel pump/sender and a filter.No change. I pulled the MAF sensor connector to force it into closed loop as I had a similar symptom caused by a bad MAF on a Suburban once. No change.Here's the really strange part... If I stay in the gas and struggle it up to like 4000, it clears out and pulls strong as it should.No SES light, and the OBDII port does not seem to be working.Any ideas?