Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

TBI to 5.3 vortecs>

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2022, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBI to 5.3 vortecs>

So I am rebuilding my 5.7 TBI that blew a head gasket. I already took it into the shop and did all the work on the block. I have a rebuild kit that I also got that included a cam, gaskets, pistons, valve lifters and such. As I was preparing my heads to put back onto the motor I found a nice crack on one of them. I've been looking at options, and hers one thought I have. I have a higher mileage 2002 chevy suburban 5.3. It still runs but the tranny is gone and I could use it as a parts vehicle. Switching over to the vortecs seems like a common thing but I don't have the older style vortecs, I have the newer.
Is that a swap that would be possible? I I do it I would want to rebuild the vortecs heads, but would any of that even be possible with a 5.3 vortecs to a 5.7 TBI? And if so about how big of a job would I be looking at?