Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

TBI flooding and fouling everything!

Old August 14th, 2008, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBI flooding and fouling everything!

I just rebuilt a 350 for my 90 chevy pickup. The engine was bored .030 and at the suggestion of my machine shop I put a different cam and lifters in it to increase gas mileage. Timming has changed from TBC to 5 before TDC. I ran it through the break in for the cam (2000 rmp for 20 min). But then I started to get codes. It has coded 32, 33, 45 and the last one was 15. I have changed the egr, tried a different MAP (but got the same result so I went back to the orginal) and I changed the O2 sensor. The O2 was the last thing I changed and it was very black from carbon. I can see gas pouring in from the injectors (very wet spray pattern).

I was thinking the cam may be causing the problem but I'm not sure what to do to fix it. When I checked the vac at the manifold it was just about 17 with a small rapid fluctuation.

Any suggestions??
Dan