Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

transmission

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission

i have a 06 chevy 1500 extended cab 327 with auto. the trans feels like its slipping between changing gears and when you kick it down to passing gear. hoping its just senser or converter. something easy anyone ever seen this before. fluid looks pretty clean truck has 63000 miles
Old February 4th, 2010, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Cool transmission

first of all, change the filter and fluid, just because fluid looks clean doesnt mean it is, u cant see the filter thourgh the dipstick, but it could be clogged. if that dont fix, look whether or not it has a detent cable running from throttle body to trans (probaly dont, most likely computer controlled)but if it does try adjusting it, if still slipping put some gear pacs in it. oh yeah when you change filter add a quart of LUCAS transmission treatment. hope the helps.
Old February 4th, 2010, 5:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's electronic, you don't have a detent cable. You probably have a 4l60e. A pretty good trans. If your check engine light is on, have the codes ran. Sometimes the codes will tell you if the trans has a sensor out. But I would chnge the fluid and filter either way.
Old February 4th, 2010, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help. It is electronic has no lights on in dash. I have had a few people tell me it acts like a shift sensor. It pulls fine on take off and any other time except gear changes. Im going to change fluids and filter this weekend if I get the time. Is there any way of checking the sensors.
Old February 5th, 2010, 1:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually. even if the check light is not on, check for codes. there can still be codes that are temporary. there is no detent cable. its either a 4l60e or 4l65e. most likely the 65e. and just for the heck of it. check your throttle position sensor. that lil dingy is what takes place of the vacuum tube on older trans models. it tells the trans at what load teh motor is at so it can adjust line pressure to give firmer or softer shifts. your position sensor could be stoopid and telling the trans your just cruising and line pressure isnt up enough to grab the clutches and band correctly.
Old February 5th, 2010, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

thanks man i got someone going to run a check on the computer monday. to see what it shows
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

ok the computer showed up no codes I guess its time for a trip to the transmission shop