Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Transmission identification assistance please.

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2021, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission identification assistance please.

Hi Y'all, I'm new on here and would appreciate some help.
I bought a 1057 Chevy 3100 step side whilst on our route 66 tour last March, just before total lockdown engulfed the world.
when it arrived here in the UK I started by dismantelling the front end, it had been fitted with what I now believe was Gen111 suspension, I wasn't keen on that and have removed it all in preparation for the mustang 2 system that appears so popular.
Whilst awaiting for the parts to arrive I have decided to clean up the engine and tranny which I belive came from the same gen111 vehicle, most probably camaro or firebird, the engine is a 350 running 4 barrel and nice headers,
but I don't know what the auto box is, it has a provision for a 4 pin plug on passenger side---but, and here's my main dilema--there is no corresponding plug in the wiring.

I really need help in understanding what tranny I have and will it workwithout this socket being connected??

Thanks guys in advance.

Ian
ian9146@gmail.com