Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tryingto start a Project but can get the right info to start

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2011, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tryingto start a Project but can get the right info to start

I recently bought a Sbc 350 block but i dont know what it came out of and the guys at the chevy dealer here cant tell me what it came out of even with the s/n is there a way to find out what year vehicle it came out of atleast and also i was looking at buying new heads for this engine but i need to know will any 350 head fit any 350 engine? all help would be much appreciated. If your curious as to what im building im building a twin turbo 350 for a gen 3 camaro
Old April 24th, 2011, 8:50 AM
CF Veteran

Default questions

most 350 head's will fir but you do have to know the year to make shure the intake and porting on the heads will match .try this link and us your block casting number on the back bell housing web on top they might be able to help .
Mortec Industries, Inc.: chevy engines, chevrolet, chevy ... - Openfos.com
Old April 24th, 2011, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Casting numbers and more info

K so the casting number is 14093638 i got that its an 86 to 94 but can anyone help me get more out of that there was another number on the block its was b158 dont know if thats any help i know it had hydrualic flat tappet lifters in it cuase they were still in the block and its got cast heads cuase i still have the heads but i dont know what type of heads they are pretty sure there stock non vortec so thats why i wanted to get new heads im trying to build this engine to an 8.5:1 comp. ratio so i dont blow the heads off when i turbo it, i only plan on running 8 to 10 psi boost so any suggestion or ideas would be nice i thin i decide on the comp camXFI™, 260XFI H13 KIT , demon 850 cfm double pumper blow through carb with aero motive a1000 fuel pump. eagle rotating assembly with srp forged -24cc pistons and hbeam connecting rods, msd distributer, and a high rise dual plane intake, havents decided on heads yet(perferablly under 64cc cumbstion volume so i get up to 8.5:1 the eagle rotating assembly puts me at 8.16:1 with 64cc). if you have any suggestions please post them i would appreciate any ideas. im a devoted chevy guy but this is my first big build