Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Turn sig assy for '81G10

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turn sig assy for '81G10

My signal light lever came off. Wrench in employer's maintenance shop says it broke inside the steering column, and that unit has to be replaced. Horn does not work either, probably due to the broken assy.

I searched online and found US Auto Parts which shows several. My vehicle has a foot switch headlight dimmer, and a hazard switch. That is mounted on steering column

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->One unit listed shows it controls dimmer and hazards.

One unit describes only hazards and signal

The third unit operates everything to include wipers, and has the nanny to tuck you in for a good night's sleep.
I was going to copy the drawings, but your forum seems not to want to accepts pastes.

I would evaluate my needs as only the unit that also controls only the hazards. Is that a correct assumption? Is there a possibility something else in wrong with the horn or would that likely tie into the signal breaking?

I understand the steering wheel will have to come off to replace the signal assy.

Thanks,
Skysarge

Last edited by Skysarge; April 19th, 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: left out information
Old April 20th, 2012, 5:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pick the one in the middle.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Try Rockauto.com. The have several with or without tilt steering.