Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

very slight transmission surging in higher rpm

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2017, 9:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default very slight transmission surging in higher rpm

2007 Suburban LT 5.3L 145k

So I have been noticing in the last week or so a very slight surge in upper rpms when not under load or take off. Basically its when cruising fairly gently and climbing rpms, kinda feels as if its ready to shift to the next gear but repeatedly surges up another 500 rpms over and over. I could see the RPM needle slightly jump instead of shift up and it will jump again and again with maybe a 1-2 sec delay in between. Engine is smooth and runs strong, no codes. Truck only tows a 20' boat 1/4 mile maybe 20x per year. Its more of a daily driver and highway long distance traveler.

My biggest concern was that my why also felt it and she is clueless to any vehicle hiccups unless it was on fire! I am pretty dam sure its a transmission issue and I am excellent fixing everything on vehicles except for transmissions!!! I am not sure what has changed in the tranny from 07 to 01 & 94 but both those 2 previous years ran like a champ up until i sold them @ 190k

Please help with any knowledge of this symptom or diagnosis tips.

thanks,
Ron

Last edited by 94burb; July 24th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old July 24th, 2017, 4:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Do you have the tow/haul switch engaged?