Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

water leak

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak

I have a water leak on my 88 celebrity, the water is coming in on passeger side by the air box or vents, could there be a valve sticking that directs water else where, I'm pretty sure the drain isn't clogged because water was coming outside the carwhen ac was working. it might be wishfall thinking, but it seems when the engine is warm it doesn't leak, thats why I was wondering about somekind of device malfunctioning, the water comes in when i pour water in the fresh air grid under the windsheild. Have you ever heard of something like this and how to fix it, the car is old but in good shape, I don't want the floor to rot out anymore than it prbly has, any advice would be appricated, Thank you
Old September 14th, 2007, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: water leak

Can anyone help me with this??
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:12 PM
CF Junior Member

The heater, a/c housing is directly under your "fresh air grid" remove the grid and wiper arm if need be and investigate why its getting into the heater assy.
If memory serves me you can remove the right side hood hinge from the body and support the hood the make access to the heater easier.
Try sealing around the edges with a silicon and test before putting back together.
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the reply, I'll try that.