Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

What did i get myself into??

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2012, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did i get myself into??

I bought a motor that he told me was lt-1. block decked, bored .60 over, crank, rods and pistons balanced, heads ported, new valves and seats.LT4 Hot cam springs installed with all new keepers and hardware. TRW .60 Speedpro Hyper pistons and rods. New GMPP LT4 Hot Cam with 1.6 Stainless Steel full roller rockers new timing set, upgraded coil. I was told The ECU was sent out and reprogramed with all the mod, LT4 knock controller and wire harness. It came bolted to a (rebuilt) 4l60 transmission.
The motor # is 10125327 the number on the aluminum heads is 13951. I pulled a valve cover and everything looks new. It has a red intake with a power throttle body. He told me that it has only been run on a dyno so far
3 hours on motor. Had 450hp. Never heard it run, Also how hard is it going to be to drop this setup into a 96 k1500 4X4?? Motor mounting issues? Please help!! I Hope my gut instinct was right..
Attached Thumbnails What did i get myself into??-imag0018.jpg   What did i get myself into??-imag0019.jpg   What did i get myself into??-imag0021.jpg