Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

What has happened to us?

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2012, 3:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has happened to us?

I have been a tech for Chevrolet for 6 years and was an ASEP student for two years as well.
Why do we have consistent fails on oil pans in impalas at 20k miles? Even after repairs they fail at 20k miles?
Why did we replace trailblazers with traverses that fail in engines, transmissions,diff ect horribly with low miles? I grew up in Chevrolet dealerships and was very proud of our cars and trucks. No car is perfect but lately our engineers have really failed to make good products and good car lines. What gives?! We wonder where our manufacture is heading and start to see why we lost so much money.
S10 trucks..top selling, blazers..top selling. Colorado...junk, Traverse..junk, I love Chevrolet and don't want it to fall. Time to fire some people up on top and get us where we need to be!
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cost effectiveness and customer appeal is what happened, reliability and the materials used are probably just side notes on the drawing board. Kind of the same thing as having rebuildable/serviceable parts that are now only sold as assemblies