Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Window problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2016, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problem, please help

I am posting because I need to fix something on my girlfriends truck and I am not sure of the exact problem. The driver window will not roll down. The motor clearly runs, but the window will not more 99% of the time. The other 1% where it will move, it will come down about 2 inches and stop. Then when we toggle the switch to roll it back up, it does not roll up (but the motor still runs), and sometimes we toggle the switch down (as if we were rolling it down) and that makes it roll back up those two inches. I see the bolts to remove the panel, and the door lock/window control can be popped off....but I am wondering, based on these symptoms....does it sound as it the motor is bad, the window is simply off the track, or something else? And I have never had a power window slip off the track....so when I look in the door, how do I identify if it is off the track and how do I put it back on if it is off? Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

Here are the specs:
2003 Suburban, 4WD, 5.7L (I think)
Old September 21st, 2016, 3:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like the window regulator is off the track, pull the door panel, you'll know if that is it.