Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Wtf???

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2022, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtf???

Have an O2 subu

rban I'm going to try to attach a video with this somewhere I have a leak or maybe a serious issue I don't know if it's a head gasket I can't tell it's cold it's dark but here are the symptoms low voltage when I slow down to stop at a red light and nearly dies no dash lights nothing it's running about 250 255° obviously very hot steam coming out from under the hood and the entire engine compartment is wet so I can't tell where the leaks coming from I don't know if it's coming from the radiator in front of the engine the back of the engine the bottom of the engine I can't tell nothing so I'm going to check it out again in the morning if you guys could give me a small list of starting points that would be great.
Old January 25th, 2022, 8:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Dry off the engine compartment, fill the cooling system and start the engine with the heater on. Let it get to temperature and look closely for the leak. You may also have a bad alternator or battery. Also check your battery cables for looseness and corrosion at both ends.