Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

xm radio problem

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2014, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm radio problem

I have a 2009 Chevy avalanche. It was just out of the body shop and not even 1/4 mile down the road. The oil warning chime went off. Also no xm radio. I pulled over and found I had oil. Went right back to the dealer and the truck would not start. Found my cap for quick charge open and dome lights off so body shop must of jumped battery. Service manager said quick job and drive it for a bit oil was fine - truck should be ok. Well drove it and the chime kept going off, oil was down but not empty was able to add a quart and after a day oil pressure gauge was working ok. Still have no xm radio. The menu does not show xm just am/fm disc acc. Engine light still on and dealer is telling me can't reset cause the oil sending unit is broken. I refused to pay the $1000 to replace my xm and sensor since this was all fine before I took it in. Any suggestions to get my xm display back? I'm going to o'reileys to have them reset my engine light.
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I followed a couple of blogs and disconnected my battery positive cable. After an hour reconnected and guess what... xm playing on the menu and my check engine light was off and no further problems. BILL FOX in Rochester was trying to charge me close to $1000 for repairs which I refused. They did say they were doing me a favor and charged me $160 in labor for the check engine and radio check. They refused to reset the check engine light saying it can't be reset until the part was fixed. Still waiting on the dealer to get back from customer service!!!! They will after my dispute takes place with the credit card company. Beware of Bill Fox chevrolet in Rochester.... Don't take the fox advantage... they take advantage of the customer!!!!!