Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Yaw Sensor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2018, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yaw Sensor Replacement

So my Uplander recently stated displaying "Service Stability System" and "Service Traction Control System" message. I pulled the following codes:

C0131 : Antilock Brake System (ABS) Pressure Circuit

C0254 : Steering Sensor and/or Lateral Accelerometer Bias

The codes weren't enough to go on, and I don't have the equipment to do a full diagnostic so I took it to the local dealer for diagnostics and possible repair. Their recommendation was to replace "Yaw Sensor".

SKIP TO AVOID SHORT RANT
Their complete response was $610 for Yaw Sensor, leaking water pump for $729, Rear brake for $404 and Brake Fluid Flush for $159.95 and Coolant Flush for $169.95. Long story short I did a complete flush of the brake fluid about 1 year ago, coolant flush 4 month ago when I replaced the cross of gasket, additional I inspected the water pump for leak and found none. On top of that, looking up the Yaw Sensor on AllData the rate is .4 hours. Parts MRSP is $267.37 so that would be an $809.07 hourly rate! I told him, given his report of the van condition I'll just pick it up and decide later. So now I'm here.
END OF RANT

I'm posting this here rather then in the Uplander forum because I have a general question regarding GM's and the Yaw sensor. I ordered a genuine GM replacement online and have been looking for information regarding calibrating. I don't know if it just plug N play or if I need to run a calibration procedure. The AllData procedure has no mention of calibrating. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this topic.

If it helps the same sensor is in models of the following vehicles, so I assume the procedure would be the same

Cadillac CTS
Cadillac SRX
Cadillac STS
Cadillac XLR
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Malibu
Saturn Relay
Buick Terraza

Last edited by velordier562; April 13th, 2018 at 6:27 PM. Reason: Additional Information