HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

06 HHR alternator/power **need power for audio system****need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2006, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 HHR alternator/power **need power for audio system****need help!!!!

I am needing alot of help!!!

I am placing a system in my car -
alpine pdx 1.1000 - 120 amps
alpine pdx 1.150 - 40 amp i beilieve
alpine f450 - 40 amp

I want to make sure that i make the right steps to supply everything and not have to worry about stuaff breaking

Should i get a high power alternator more batteries or am i fine? i have no clue,
PLUS!!! If i do get an alternator, who makes one for an 06 HHR? this is killing me please help!!!!
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:38 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: 06 HHR alternator/power **need power for audio system****need help!!!!

You will definitely need another battery.
Old December 21st, 2006, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 06 HHR alternator/power **need power for audio system****need help!!!!

oh no, what kind of set up do you have in mind? Understand i am a little bit of a noob. i dont want to get anotehr battery and not be able to keep the charge up on it.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

All that money on a sound system and not getting it professionally installed??? You should think about it!! How about wiring it up and using the correct size wires and terminal blocks and what about the use of capassitors?? The professional will know all of these things.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 8:01 PM
CF Active Member

yeah i would suggest a expert do it too (not saying you cant do it) but a shop should give u a warranty of some sort
good luck
if u do it ur self there are tons of sites on the net to show you how to hook up extra batterys
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

oh no i wont be doing it myself, car toys has been throwing in there 2 cents here and there, i am trying to get some what of an idea how much more money will be placed in to this and if it can be done.
I want to be able to walk in and coach what needs to be done rather than possibly gettingcon-ed into paying for something i realy dont need to be.
capacitors are a gimme along with distrubition blocks,
Big question i suppose is, can this be done and if so (since alternators arent an option, just got quotes back from custom alternator builders stating they cantdo it) will be by batterys or another way?
Old December 31st, 2006, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

I would suggest a Optima Yellow top dry cell battery up front and a battery capacitator in the trunk. Your installer will take care of the batcap, distribution blocks and any wiring as far as gauging goes. The system will not be a hard install just make sure its done the correct way. The last thing you need is any engine whine when your driving.