HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2008 HHR Sedan Lt Cant find location of VCIM with 2.2 liter EcoTech engine

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2017, 9:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 HHR Sedan Lt Cant find location of VCIM with 2.2 liter EcoTech engine

I have a 08 HHR LT Sedan that will not crank and has a communication problem with the DLC. There is no power at the #16 pin of the DLC. The fuses for the cigarette lighter and auxilliary outlet are both good. There is reference voltage at pins 6 and 14 of the DLC. However, I am not able to get my code scanner to power up. There has been moments that there is voltage at the DLC, but, when hooking up the scanner although it powers up it will not link up with the Vehicle Communications Interface Module. In order to do some diagnostics and visual inspection of the VCIM I need to locate it. YouTube videos and information from alldata.com digital manual shows it's location over the right rear quarter panel. But, that location is for a HHR Panel type vehicle. In checking that location, there is no modules in that location. So, for anyone that has dealt with a NO Crank, No Start problem along with a No communication problem, can you tell me just where the location is for the VCIM on a HHR Sedan LT with a 2.2 Liter engine.