HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2010 Chevy HHR fresh air intake is located where?

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2018, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Chevy HHR fresh air intake is located where?

Hi,

I'm trying to rid of the cigarette smoke smell from the previous owner to my 2010 HHR. I shampooed the carpets, sprayed the seats with Fresh Wave (which Hertz car rental uses for the same reason), and I changed out the interior air filter.

I want to spray the fresh air intake on the outside so I can clean the vent system out as well. Anyone have any idea where that's located and how I can get to it?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Old January 12th, 2018, 9:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

google smoke bomb or odour bomb...one spray from these products clear out any smell....its what the pro detailers use.

the cabin filter is probably behind the glove box. remove the glove box and look for the door.
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah, I thought about going that route but I have a 2 year old and a newborn arriving any day now and my wife is not comfortable with the chemicals.

The Fresh Wave is all natural and is actually doing a great job neutralizing the odors in the carpet and upholstery, so I'd really like to spray the air intake so it gets any and all odor out of the ventilation system. Already replaced the interior air filter and it's helping some.

Originally Posted by tech2
google smoke bomb or odour bomb...one spray from these products clear out any smell....its what the pro detailers use.

the cabin filter is probably behind the glove box. remove the glove box and look for the door.
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

not sure what you mean by fresh air intake. Outside air is drawn into the hvac box from the cowl vents near the wipers. all of this air is directed to the cabin filter before it enters the hvac box. spraying anything in the cowl won't get past the cabin filter. your better off spraying after the blower with an antibacterial to coat the evaporator...preventing microbial growth on the moisture that can form there.
Old January 13th, 2018, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Yes! This is very helpful! Thank you tech2!