HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

No voltage to lead wire to solenoid on 2008 HHR causing NO Crank.

Old November 12th, 2017, 1:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No voltage to lead wire to solenoid on 2008 HHR causing NO Crank.

Been trying to hunt down the reason for a no crank symptom. Have checked for shorts in wiring harnesses to all sensors and components of the 2.2 EcoTech engine. Have pulled off the top of the under hood fuse box to check for broken wires and/or corroded contacts to breakers and fuses. Have removed body and engine grounds and cleaned contact surfaces. Been looking for the whats referred to as the Vehicle Communications Interface Module ( VCIM) with no luck. It's suppose to be located behind the interior panel on the passenger side rear wheel well. However, there is nothing in that location of any sort other than a small wiring harness that leads to under the back seat. That harness leads to the console between the front bucket seats. The information I have indicates that the VCIM location is for a HHR panel. So, my question is, Is there a separate VCIM in a different location of a Sedan for the 2008 model year? Or, is the VCIM integrated within the Body Control Module or the Engine Control Module? I have been working to isolate the no start problem on this car. And, with the DLC providing a No communication Error message, I feel there that one of the modules is bad. I have a 5 volt reference signal at the TPS, MAP sensor, and MAF sensor and have yet to check for one at the Transmission safety nuetral switch. All the above said, I hope I am headed in the right direction. But, if there is a separate VCIM for a Sedan HHR, I am not able to locate it and the info I get from alldata.com doesn't provide the location for the Sedan.
Old November 13th, 2017, 1:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to try to get it started try this ! run a wire from the starter to the fuse block ! find a fuse that's hot only when the key is on ! run the wire from the starter to the fuse and see if it will crank !

Search this Thread