HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Whitewalls for your HHR

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2010, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Whitewalls for your HHR

After countless hours of researching whitewall tires this past week, the following information is offered:

White wall tires come in ALL sizes and types, including tube and tubeless.

Some are the old bias-ply style tires and many are steel belted radials.

Diamond Back, American Classic, Coker, Firestone, BF Goodrich Silvertown (only for pre-1976 cars) & US Royal make or re-market white wall tires.

Diamond Back, American Classic & Coker make white walls that will fit the HHR.

Diamond Back can take just about any tire and turn it into a white wall with a unique vulcanization process (see: http://www.dbtires.com/howtiresmade.html) that literally makes the white wall part of the tire; once its vulcanized onto the tire, it's there for good. They also sell a line of Whitewall tires. see: www.dbtires.com

Discount Wide Whitewall Tires www.widewhitetires.com/ has some of the best prices for American Classic Whitewall tires. American Classic tires have a UTQG (Uniform Tire Quality Grading) of Treadwear 540, Wet Traction B, Temperature B. (I was looking for an AA rated tire.)

All the American Classic Whitewall tires that fit the HHR have a 1.5" whitewall. The whitewall on their tires are molded into the tire. My research yielded an interesting fact, and that is, just about every radial whitewall tire that fits the HHR has a 1.5" whitewall. But...

Diamond Back has a 215/60-16 that has a 2" whitewall with a 540 A A UTQG rating.

Why all the info above? Well IMHO I think the one thing that really makes an HHR "Retro" is retro style wheels and whitewall tires.

It takes the HHR back to a bygone era...
Name:  B2AOD00Z.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  27.8 KB
Name:  1952-chevrolet-convertible-4.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  37.2 KB

Just look at the HHR's Gran-daddy:
Name:  suburban.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  18.7 KB

Last edited by MWG2; February 27th, 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Added picture of MY white walls