Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'02 Headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Headlight issues

High beam on rt side quit, bulb and fuse are good. Low beam on left side quit, bulb and fuse are good. Test light shows power at plug on back of headlight assembly, but not at plug on back of bulb. I bought and installed new headlight assemblies and new bulbs, problem still there. Same issue whether I use dash headlight switch or let the automatic switch turn them on. I looked at the first 20 pages of posts here and could find no similar problem, but I'll keep looking. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks, Phil
Old May 21st, 2010, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

So it goes into the shop, and they say the headlight switch is bad: have to order it. 4 days without headlights and $340 bucks later ($175.00 part plus labor) and it didn't change anything. Car is back in the shop and I'm waiting to hear what they think the problem is now. Asked them if they could by-pass the thing and just leave the headlights on all the time. Haven't got an answer yet...
Old May 21st, 2010, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

OK! They looked under the battery tray and found some acid had gotten into the wiring harness and eaten up a few of the wires. Some were marginal, and some were toast. They re-did the damaged wires and that took care of the problem. They said the back side of the headlight switch was toast as well, so I ended up buying the switch. Total tab was just under $350.00. Hopefully end of story!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Impala Super Moderator

Thats a rip off. I can get that same control for $50
Old May 24th, 2010, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for looking at the post! I live in a small town, Napa and Kragen are the options, their price is $120+... Got to pay the price to get the work done