Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

02 impala base aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2012, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 impala base aftermarket stereo

hi long time lurker first time poster. help would be appreciated. i am trying to put a double din in my 02 impala base 3.4 non onstar non bose. we bought the harness for 19.99 from radio shack and it plugs right in just a typical one no door chimes or anything. got it wired up and the deck turned on but no sound. the car does have a factory amp in the trunk. i do not want to relocate the stock HU what do i need to make t his work. i believe Walmart has the schoch door chime interface thing GMRC-01. is this what i need to make it work.

ive waited two weeks and im getting impatient i just want to put my car back together

thanks,
cole
Old December 16th, 2012, 8:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

What are the rpo options codes for your car? Look under the trunk spare tire cover for a grey sticker. post the ones that start with U.

The speaker configurations are different depending on the options. The new head unit may be seeing different ohms values between the front and rear speakers. It will think this is a short and stop all output. If the new unit works with one group of speakers disconnected (either all fronts or all back) that is the problem.
Old December 16th, 2012, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

I went to Walmart bought the schoche door chime interface wired it up like normal ran a 12v constant lead and bam works perfect. Way easier than any other way I've read and the interface was only 40 bucks. Now to figure out the mounting kit
Old December 16th, 2012, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

The interface said 2000-2005 gm vehicles without Bose premium and onstar but it would work with onstar you just wouldn't be able to use onstar. The back of the kit said 03-05 impala a but worked just fine for my 02. I hope this was helpful