Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

02 Impala base mdl, accel problems.

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2015, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Impala base mdl, accel problems.

Just bought this car for $1300 on craigslist about 3-4 weeks ago, and I have been putting in work to make sure it keeps running. Have 4 struts I am actually putting in today, as well as my cv-axle.

More so on to what this post pertains too, between 40-45 mph, it starts to sputter I guess you could say, kinda like it is misfiring, but I just replaced the spark plugs/cables. It does have trouble shifting as well, 2nd and 3rd, I believe.

Just wondering if anyone had any possible ideas, and she is 243k + miles old.
Old July 21st, 2015, 9:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be a bunch of things. Do you know the service history of the car, if maintenance was performed? Off-hand, a fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator could be checked. I would also check for any codes to find the problem. I had a stumble when hot on my 2001 and it was the ignition module causing the problem. I wouldn't throw parts at but try to narrow it down
Old July 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a transmission mech look at it, seems it may be that, I'm pricing it for a rebuild. I saw the ignition on the recall list, getting that taken care off. And it wasn't kept up to well before me