Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

02 impala starting problem

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2018, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 impala starting problem

I have a weird problem I've been dealing with for years now. When I start my car at the beginning of the day it starts right up, but if I try to start it again within any time less that a few hours after shutting it off, it often will just crank and crank, but never turn over. When I use a bit of starting fluid (which I know is not good at all to be using, but sometimes I desperately need to get it started) it will sometimes start up for me. I had the fuel pump replaced and it did nothing. I was thinking along the lines of plugs and wires, maf sensor, or crank sensor, but I have only rudimentary mechanical knowledge. Any ideas what I can possibly look into for it? I've taken it to two mechanics and all they've done is charge me lots of money for stuff irrelevant to the problem.
Old October 4th, 2018, 1:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One easy test is when you think a no start problem is going to happen,pop hood, unplug MAF,try to start, always have key off,when disconnecting and reconnecting,no spikes, sometimes a MAF underreports,without a code,worth a try,with no improvement,I would start with engine wiring harness