Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

06 Impala SS Leaking Coolant

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Impala SS Leaking Coolant

I just bought this car a week and a half ago with approximately 43,000 miles, until last night I didn't have any problems. I pulled the car in the garage and went back out to the garage about 2 hours later to discover what I think to be big puddle of coolant on the garage floor. I can't see where the fluid is coming from.

I am wondering...and optimistically, I know...if it is possible that the coolant had been overfilled when I bought it. It just recently got hot here, it was over 100 degrees on Tuesday and close to 90 degrees yesterday. I am wondering that with the recent increase in temperature if that possibly could have allowed to coolant to get hotter than it had the previous week and a half. The coolant level seems to be close to where it should be. Any help on this would be appreciated.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
Old May 16th, 2013, 4:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Do a visual inspection of the motor, radiator, hoses, overflow tank, etc. See if you can see anywhere that is wet or looks like it is leaking. Probably not too much to worry about yet since the coolant level shows full. Just keep an eye on it for now.