Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'08 - Windshield Washer Fuse Keeps Blowin'...

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2008, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 - Windshield Washer Fuse Keeps Blowin'...

Hello!
I just purchased a used a 08 Impala and I've blown the windshield washer fuse twice in the first week! I'm using Optikleen in the reservoir however as soon as I begin driving in the 20 degree weather, the windshield washer mechanism won't work and I've blown the fuse twice now trying to get it to work.

Is anyone else having these difficulties?

I'm looking forward to owning this car for a long time...I hope the problems I've had in the first week are only temporary .

I appreciate any feedback you can provide!

Bocephus
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '08 - Windshield Washer Fuse Keeps Blowin'...

The temp dipped below zero here this weekend, and on my way to the Twin cities this morning the roads were really sloppy from all the salt used to keep them from freezing, I found that I had no windshield washer fluid when I tried. I thought the reservoir was empty, so purchased a gallon and it only took a half gallon to fill, was definately not empty. I put car in the heated shop and after a hour or so the washers began to work. I just chalked this one up to having less than superior fluid in the reservoir, but will keep an eye on this now.