Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

1962 Chevrolet Impala SS409 tribute rifle.

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2020, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS409 tribute rifle.

Right off the bat, let me state that I am old. I love the 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS409 and I love the Beach Boys song, "409"

As luck would have it, I build Garand rifles and I found a Breda Garand receiver serial number 409.

So now I want to build a custom target rifle that will be a tribute to the 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS409.

I want to use a black fiberglass stock that will feature an explosive flame paint job. I want it to appear as if the flames are about to consume the stock. I also want to have the Chevy 409 badge engraved on the rifle's floorplate.

Or maybe a picture of the car itself engraved on the floorplate.

I have a custom barrel for the rifle and it is in 6.5x55mm. When loaded with123 grain Hornady SST bullets, the piece will be a real screamer. Trust me--when I take her to range she will really shine and nothing will touch her.

Now I would appreciate it if folks here would share their ideas with me.
The following users liked this post:
Mountain Flier (July 24th, 2020)
Old August 17th, 2020, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fluffy,

Being a Garand owner, John Cantius Garand fan (and general small arms/C&R nut), an Impala fan, and born in '62, your post really speaks to me. I guess there are no other "nuts" on the forum cause I am apparently the only reply so far! Shame! I think you have an outstanding idea and the only contribution I can think of would be maybe an image of the long badge that is right above the grill on the hood and on the top rear of the deck lid, or the Impala script on the very rear sides, to be painted on the sides of the hand guard. That is if it does not interfere with the flame paint job! Regardless I'm sure she will be a looker (and a tack driver!) and will make WWII vets and JCG proud!