Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

1965 Impala SS Restoration?

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1965 Impala SS Restoration?

Hi, a very good friend of mine is selling his '65 Impala SS, it has not yet been lowridered (thank God) but that's what he plans to do to it if he cannot sell it. I am probably going to make an offer for it. I am in high school, and I plan on restoring cars for a living, out of college. This would be an awesome opportunity for me, since I have all the time in the world. Here's the info on it.

It has a 327, and a 2spd auto, which were both rebuilt in the last year and have less than 100 miles on them. He says he has all the parts to make it nice inside, but I don't care. Right now I want an American car that is reliable, (Can't find any cheap Mustangs or Camaros around here) and has a nice sound to it. All he has told me that it needs is...

-Driver's door window.
-Rear Window
-Windshield
-4 new tires
-Paint. (Not needed immediately)

How much would all this cost me? Paint is not needed right now, since I'm about to enter the summer here in Texas. I would LOVE this car, and he only wants $4000 for it. There is minimal rust on the body, and has already been primed. It has been sitting for over a year in that very spot, though.

Thanks in advance.

Pictures

http://photobucket.com/matthuitt
Old April 5th, 2009, 7:02 PM
CF Junior Member

i say go for it. if you have the money and time. theres nothing else you need
Old January 20th, 2010, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

HEY BEASTINATER! Winshield about 130 back glass around 250 drivers side window for about 175 give or take tires and paint depends on what you want. You can go cheap or spend a little more im building a 65 ss aswell it pretty pricey