Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000 Impala LS Headlights wired to FOG lights

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 4:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 Impala LS Headlights wired to FOG lights

I just got the impala on Monday. And the last guy had the head lights ran from the fog lights. So when the fog light button is pushed the headlights come on and the head light switch doesn't do anything except make the indicator go off when the car is off and the door is open. The parking lights stay on as long as the car is on. I don't know what to do?

Can anyone help me?

Plus the dash lights turn off when the car is started up.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

yikes. Does the light sensor (up by the windshield vents) do anything? also, do the daytime running lights work? what about when you unlock or lock the car with the keyless entry thing?
Old July 2nd, 2011, 3:18 AM
CF Beginner

The thing is now, the last guy cut the plug of the fog lights off and wired an extra headlight plug to it so he can turn the lights on and off but i unplugged it and plugged in the original light plug. Now the lights come on at night but the passenger high beam blinks while the driver high beam doesnt come on even tho i replaced both light bulbs.
When i get out the car and lock the doors with the key less entry, the lights go off.
Not too sure about the light sensor. Theres a orange wire comming fron the fire wall under the dash on the driver side and it runs to a loose fuse inside the fuse panel. Sadly the wire got stripped and grounded out on a piece of metal under the dash and it burnt up the wire. Would that have anything to do with the high beam light not working?

Ill take pics of the fuze and wire and post them when its daylight