Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Impala driver's power seat

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2009, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Impala driver's power seat

The power seat on my Impala moves horizontally but up and down on the front and rear don't move. All three drive motors run both ways, so they are good. The little drive shafts also are good. I dismantled one of the little up and down gear boxes and found one of the nylon gears stripped. My local dealer quoted $648 for a complete new power seat assembly. I can't see any way to repair the gearboxes. Any other options other than buying new or going to a salvaged unit? A manual adjuster would be ok with me if I could find one that fit. Also, if I went to a manual unit, would my lumbar and reclining back still work? Thanks for all the replies.
Old July 19th, 2009, 2:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a Salvage Yard in your future......check e-bay to. Some of those re-sellers offer a warranty and I just know someone has an assembly to fit your Imp.